The "factory reset" method is now obsolete and been replaced by the Recovery Mode.
Resetting Quirkbot to factory settings
If your Quirkbot is not being recognized anymore, or if you have programmed it as an Arduino and now wants to use it again with the CODE visual interface or if you are just trying to get it back to the original program, there is a quick way to reset it to the factory settings.
- Make sure the Quirkbot is connect to a valid USB port and you are connected to the internet.
- Open http://code.quirkbot.com/program in Google Chrome (make sure you have already installed the Quirkbot Chrome app).
- Turn the Quirkbot ON.
- Using a jumper wire (a thin paper clip also works), connect the Reset Pin (bottom-right pin in the back, the one with a "looping arrow" symbol ↺) to the Right Eye of the Quirkbot (this is in the Quirkbot's perspective, so if you look to the Quirkbot from the front, it will be the eye on the left). Hold the wire there for one second and then let it go.
- If it worked out, the Quirkbot should be now in bootloader mode (what can be confirmed by the pulsating mouth LEDs).
- Wait a few seconds and the browser should automatically detect that the Quirkbot is on bootloader mode and re-upload the factory firmware.
Here's a video of how to do it: