Bug in the latest Chrome browser affects Quirkbot Code.
What has happened?
At the time of writing (2017-10-27), the latest version on of the web browser Chrome (version 62.0.3202.62) has introduced a bug that breaks the upload function in Quirkbot Code. This is of course very unfortunate and we are working hard to fix it. Meanwhile it is still possible to use Quirkbot Code with the solutions below:
How do I make it work?
For now the best solution is to download and use an older version of the Chrome(Chromium) Web browser.
1. Download Chromium from here: http://tinyurl.com/chrome-61-win
2. Open your Download folder and open chrome-61-win.exe
3. You can now go to https://code.quirkbot.com and login and everything should work.
1. Download Chromium from here: http://tinyurl.com/chrome-61-mac
2. In Finder: Double click the downloaded "chrome-61-mac.zip" file (it will create a folder called "chrome-mac")
3. Open the "chrome-mac" folder and move the app "Chromium" to "Applications"
4. In "Applications" right click on Chromium and select open. (Also confirm that you want to open an application from the internet should you get that message)
5. You can now go to https://code.quirkbot.com and login and everything should work.
How long will this be a problem?
The bug has already been identified and fixed in the source code, but it will take a while until Chrome sends out the new version where the problem is fixed. This usually takes a couple of weeks.
What are we doing?
We are working furiously to get the upload function back despite the Chrome bug. (We already have a working fix for Mac and some promising results on Windows).